Skip to main content

Reply to "61st Annual Pitch & Hit Club of Chicago Awards Dinner"

I've had the good fortune to have attended two of the Pitch 'n Hit dinners a few years back. I also have several friends who are voting members. The work that the organization does to promote the people who are often behind the scenes and don't get any recognition is highly commendable. The dinner is a great time. Even for someone who doesn't know everyone who attends as members, it's great seeing people who have devoted their lives to the better good of the game, rekindling old friendships! The food is usually outstanding, but the swapping of stories is the highlight of the dinner. Who voted for whom and any other "backstories" don't necessarily relate to the average fan of the game and of this great annual event! Congratulations to all who are nominated or even considered as a winner! I'm looking forward to attending with my nine year old and introducing him to some of the folks sometimes considered forgotten, but who are a great contributor to the game. Congratulations to Pete Caliendo and the board on putting on a great event!
Bill Downing
President
Fox Valley Sports Academy