Skip to main content

Reply to "6u Flower Mound Tx"

Joe ... You're on a board with parents of players in the majors, minors, college ball and high school players aspiring to go further. There are also college, high school and travel coaches on this board. You can also toss in some pro scouts. While you are entitled to your opinion expect a strong majority of respondents to find your position absurd.

The first time my son traveled outside the county on a regular basis was 13u. The first time he traveled out of the state on a regular basis was 17u. His game is just fine. I've also been through the process on the softball side. My daughter did just fine without going over the top. You will find you can hand pick physical early bloomers, train them to death and win. I never understood the value of crushing other little kids in a tournment. The best way to develop the mental side of the game is being in a lot of cha!lenging, close games.

Post puberty is the make or break point of baseball. What preteens need is development of fundamentals and building a passion for the game. Welcome to the board.

Last edited by RJM