Skip to main content

Reply to "85 Bears vs 07 Patriots"

rosy.....

I love you dearly, but you must have access to the same cannibus that 'sox' has!!!

You have got to be kidding when you tell me how great a coach Bilichek is! His success was not so good before he went to Boston. When you compare Brady to McMahon, you know I have to go with Brady because of his talent. McMahon was a 'gunslinger.' Kind of a "cleaned-up" version of Dennis Rodman, who I had a love-hate feeling for, if you understand what I mean. But really, McMahon was the fuse that lit the fire under that 85 team, so I really think a lot of him.

The Pats defense can't compare to the 85 Bears, and the offense, well I don't know??? But, again, do you remember the number of 'shutout' victories the 85 team had going into the Super Bowl? Think about that. Plus, are the players the same, size and strength wise? That can also be said about the 85 team as compared to the teams of the seventies and sixties. Think about the talent within football itself, does it match-up to the talent of all those teams from that time frame or before, or after??

When you really think about it, you can never compare any team to another team from a different decade. The same is true in any sport, or if you try to compare one athlete to another. There are to many variables that will never allow an apples-to-apples comparison of talent between those teams and players of different decades. Anyone out there in "posters land" can agree or disagree with me, but when you watched that team play during that season you always thought about the Steelers from the seventies and their dynasty. I really believe that Bears team could have surpassed that Steelers team as far as greatness is concerned IF the dumb Bears ownership didn't break the team up, and you know what I mean. The Cowboys and 49er's had awesome teams, but none like the Steelers, and possibly the Bears, if they would have stayed together. JMHO