Skip to main content

Reply to "85 Bears vs 07 Patriots"

TAR....

My friend, it's great to hear from you, it has been a while. How is your son, your family?

Knowing that my posts would get a "rise" out of some, I can only agree. Yes, "size does make a difference!!!" Having said that, if you compare the 85 Bears/Pats teams to todays Pats/Giants, you could conceivably have a similar match-up as far as talent is concerned. When you think about it, even though New England was in the Super Bowl in 85, their team was really over matched Like I think the current game looks to be.

Been and you are correct when you talk about talent, size, whatever, and don't forget the HGH!! yes, the 2008 Pats would probably beat the 85 Bears, but how many teams did the Pats "shut-out" this past season? You still can't convince me that those shutouts the Bears had were just a fluke, no way!! If your syaing that the players of today are that much better across the league than they were back in 85, then we really shouldn't be comparing anything from era to era, should we!!!!!!

Just like in baseball, go back and check the "dead ball" era, or compare that to the the late 90's, or when the pitching mound gets raised or lowered, or when the umpires decide to tighten the strike zone. Everything is different, but close to being the same except for some variables. What I'm saying is that you really can't compare anything from player-to-player, team-to-team, era-to-era. If the Pats win Sunday, without question, they will be the "greatest" team of all time with their winning record.

Besides, if it came to comparing the 85 Bears to the 08 Pats, The Bears would still win because of the DA COACH!!! Ditka would open a can of whoop-*** on Bilacek!!!!! That breaks ALL ties, it breaks everything.

Wink