Skip to main content

Reply to "85 Bears vs 07 Patriots"

Hey Boomer. We're doing well here, Zak is at SIU Edwardsville, happy and in love...God has smiled upon him with the young lady he has been dating for the past year and a half, whom we fully expect to call our daughter-in-law one day.

And you want to know, I don't miss baseball one bit. It took some time for me to realize what a "normal" life is. I'm back into my music, my car, my career, my life, and as empty nesters Holly and I are having some fun again. In fact, I tell folk it's "clothing optional" at our house so you had better ring the bell before coming in...Plus, we bought a place on the beach on Longboat Key, Florida and spend as much time there as we can. I'm waiting for a grandson to help along, knowing what I wished I'd known 5-10 years ago about baseball and what it takes, if you get my drift.

From my few recent visits to the HSBBW, it seems your guy is enjoying school, doing well, and progressing at Rochester (?). That's great. Hope thing are going well for you and your wife and family.

As for the 1985 Bears versus 2008 Pats, I have to hold my position - no contest, Pats have too much size, speed, and talent. How would the Bears counter, just for one example, DE Richard Seymour at 6'6" 310 lbs and likely a sub-5 second 40? Tom Brady is as big as, or bigger than, all three Bears LBs. The Pats LB are all at least 245-250 and 6'3" or 4". I'll take Maroney over Payton in todays game, no contest. Randy Moss at 6'4" and 220 versus 6' 180 Willie Gault? Same speed, vastly different sizes. Size wins.

Take care my friend, good luck this season. I'll think of you when I'm sitting on the beach in March, 80 degrees, sipping a cold one, rather than sitting on a bleacher somewhere it's 45 degrees and sleeting... Cool