Skip to main content

Reply to "8th grader bat flip and dance"

RJM posted:
Ted22 posted:

I don't think Bautista's celebration is anymore justified. Both show a lack of humility and a desire to show up the other team. The increase in that type of behavior among the "adults" is why you see it increase in the children/young adults.

Texas demonstrated last week they agree with you regarding showing up the other team. Seeing Bautista get drilled and punched in the face is likely to make a player less likely to be so flamboyant next time.

i don't have an issue with a MLBer admiring a no doubt about it homer. A little bat flip, ok. Bautista's bat flip may have been excessive. But I believe it was emotional spontaneity. I don't mind emotional spontaneity. I don't like the in game premeditated celebrations.

Maybe, someday after a great defensive play on the third out the fielder will run up to the guy who hit the ball and spike it at his feet.

I loved Bautista's bat flip, I had no problem with him getting hit, I had no problem with his slide at 2nd....they were all straight up old school baseball plays of men respecting the game, their teams and doing what needed to be done.

The 2nd baseman who punched got an 8 game suspension for being the creep and that is to kind, that he is. I also think the Toronto reliever will be fined in the kangaroo court for hitting Fielder in the thigh, that ball had to be in the ribs or higher. Hitting Prince in the thigh is like smacking an elephant with a flyswatter.

All in all with the exception of the Texas middle infielder it was all well done, IMO.

Last edited by old_school