Skip to main content

Reply to "A Baseball Thread about Starting Back"

@James G posted:

@baseballmom I'll leave this thread but offer this: please remember perception and opinion. If I was running something I would want to hear differing opinions. And it's my opinion what I was offering was useful (and looks like some others did too with agreeing). If my suggestions about not altering the game and trying to enforce restrictions with kids was met with support by parents, would that make it a problem? I suggested he look at state rules for facilities, that was a useful suggestion. But nowhere did I see a problem occurring or anyone mentioning a problem. We have been giving him feedback. Just because some may not like feedback doesn't mean it's unwarranted or should be suppressed. Thank you. 

Gotta defend @James G here...

Just got done completing a survey for Grand Park Sports (the survey is being administered by Indiana University--and I have to assume the results will be part of a larger IU study) and it asks opinions on almost all of what @PitchingFan put forth for comment. The survey allows respondents to answer from one extreme end of the spectrum to the other, including indifference. The only difference is there is no way to explain or enhance your answer.

So yes, it is OK to say some, all, or none of the ideas are bad (in your opinion). That's the reason it was put out there: for comment. What else would be expected? A standing ovation for the presentation of ideas?

And my opinion mostly centers on this:

We are all adults or children supervised by adults. We can and should be responsible for ourselves and our children. I don't need a "tournament" monitor to come up to me and say ,"Sir, I see you are seated a bit closer than 6 feet to the person next to you." Especially when that person next to me is my wife.

Those are the types of questions Grand Park is putting out there; they desperately want our opinions.

Last edited by ABSORBER