Skip to main content

Reply to "A challenge for you on a Friday afternoon"

My darling college freshman son, Poopsie Bubblesniffer, is gearing up for his first college season. He is getting used to practicing in much colder temps than he had to in high school and sometimes even with snowflakes falling all around...I would imagine it is hard picking out a white baseball from a flurry of white flakes, indeed!

He is really enjoying his teammates and coaches. Let me introduce his coaches to you:

Head coach Loopy Bubbleshorts...his last name fits him well because he is, shall we say, vertically challenged. Wink He is a great coach both on and off the field and his short stature doesn't matter at all. He is 62 years old (I think that's right) and still going strong. clap

Pitching coach Dinky Applesquirt...his name doesn't fit him at all as he isn't either dinky or a squirt. He's much taller than Loopy.
He pitched in the major leagues and he was a two-way player at OU, just like my son wants to be. Smile

Third base coach Zippy Bubblebrain...his name doesn't flatter him, either, as he has a great baseball mind and has been a very pleasant addition to the OU staff this season (he was the former head coach at O-r-a-l Roberts). I am flattered that he and I have the same first name... doesn't the name Zippy make you think of someone who moves around fast? Well, I can't say that the name fits me too well now but I used to be pretty quick many moons ago.

I am very grateful to all of these great coaches who are helping my Poopsie develop his baseball skills in order to reach his full potential. I can't wait for the season to begin! greenjump

Zippy Bubblesniffer
Last edited {1}