Skip to main content

Reply to "A Coach's Diary- Year One"

Coach S,

Congrats on getting back to the field and grabbing this readers attention with a very personal story from your playing days.  Dave's story is incredibly tragic and sad. Wow.

I recently attended my youngest son's varsity coaches/parent meeting.   His coach has been doing this a long time...I think he said 28 years.  He is a legend and the guy just knows how to coach.  He's not a warm and fuzzy guy to parents but his players love playing for him.  He joked that he has some of the best parent stories and baseball stories over his career and he should write a book when it is over.  We've been a part of some of those baseball stories as my two oldest son's competed against his teams.  It is much better to be behind his dugout than behind the opponents dugout if you like to win and win the right way.  Here is my suggestion.....write a book about your experiences.   Don't wait 28 years.   You can use some of the threads you post here.  Coaches have the best stories, and you have a knack for writing things that are meaningful.   JMO.