Skip to main content

Reply to "A Coach's Diary- Year One"

Coach2709... I totally understand what you mean by not trying to make the kids love the game, because it is quite obvious that they don't. From the type of equipment that they have to how they wear their hats and pants show that.

As with Dave's story, I don't like to tell it because I don't want the kids to think about that happening to them. I will only tell it once a year just to let them know how truly lucky they are that they even have the opportunity to step on the field every day.

As for the coaching dynamic, I'm the talker of staff. The head coach, who is also a first year head coach, is the quiet type. I think our styles complement each other very well. I only correct my position group unless he wants me to go further. We both played for the same Head Coach at the school. He was forced out by the administration because he was fairly blunt with them. Since he left the school has won I believe 6 games in two years. Both the HC and I have the same methodology and philosophy as our old HC when it comes to practice and game situations.

I hope to update it every Monday/Tuesday and look forward to everyone's feedback. I'll also would love to answer anyone's questions that may arise.