Skip to main content

Reply to "a couple of swing clips to enjoy"

thanks everybody for the swift responses. i really appreciate this site for the quality of the discussions and the people.

Swingbuster:

i defenetly agree with you that i need more separation. i have worked on that lately and have ripped tremendous results. when i hit with the hips it is tremendous bat speed and it feels like the bat has a live of his own. i have to hang on to it because it gets wild. however i dont know if need more pop being a contact hitter. in the live game clip i posted i got a line drive hit that just bounced off the dirt behind second base. the ball was hit hard and square, no chance for the short stop to catch it. that´s all i need. i dont know. i am never going to be a doubles hitter, eventhough i am currently lifting weights. i rather hit for average.
with this swing, i am able to hit the ball hard, even when i am late on the ball. i seem to hit it in the meat most of the time. i really dont know.

bbscout:

your post made me think if I should go back to this swing and forget about too much hip rotation and adding more pop. right now my swing has more hip and the ball is hit harder, however i have lost a little control on the bat head, which right now seems to have a life of its own. and right now it is becoming increasingly difficult to hit the high heat. without the hip movement, i could hit the high better. now it is different because i stride with a bent front knee or "sit to hit" which makes it harder to adjust to high pitches, though it produces much more bat speed and more pop. what do you think?

about the catcher, i drilled him 3 times in that game and got a warning from the umpire. i think it was my fault. i rotated the upper body in the follow through too much and ended up almost spinning back. i stood way back in the box because i was hitting fast balls only. i went 2 for 4 with a walk. fun game. i remember discussing the "swing level" guys before the game and how i should change my swing and not "tilt" or get "under".

thanks everybody

toti.