Skip to main content

Reply to "a couple of swing clips to enjoy"

hi

thanks for the insights.

that swing is an early Epstein swing, that´s why you see some disconnection. i am in the process of incorporating more leg and scapula load. i have erased the wrapping of the bat to third base you see here and the bat is more centered, plus i lean forward more and bend front knee. then i rotate the heel of front foot and lean back. i haven´t tried this in a real game so far, only with wiffles now. i hope it works better.

bbscout:
i am 1.73 meters tall, 74 kg. i am lean and mean Cool. however i am in the middle of a weight lifting program and protein shakes that is adding a lot of muscle mass. do you really think i am a line drive gap hitter? i just look at myself as contact. i have hit some doubles but....it is hard not let the bat go on the left hand. you cant imagine the rotational momentum that´s generated here. it is hard for me to get a good grip and not let the bat fly. i am moving some serious heavy wood here and i am very skinny.

Tom,

you have given some smart comments. to tell you the truth, i was not awared of the hip **** thing when i took this swing. i didn´t know it was important. you can see this is a very linear stride. i dont hip ****. and i have no clue of how i am going to incorporate it in my swing. i have tried it and it disrupts connection big time. i dont now.

i dont quite follow you in the explanation about how to coil and uncoil. i am gessing here but i am not sure. can you break it down in a much simpler way? anyway, i will try to coil and uncoil together with scap load and unload with the wiffles as soon as i recover from my knee injury. i am just lifting now, no baseball for me at the moment.

you are right about your comment about sit to hit. at that time, i didn´t know this concept. it is hard for me to adjust to high fast balls though.

thanks

toti