Skip to main content

Reply to "A Dilemma"

Sorry fellas, indulge me this day.... 
Really not sure how this should of been handled. Ramifications likely, any way you go. Commend the young man for his foresight and restraint. Sickens me that he had the need to, to begin with.
But today on Mother's Day, thinking back this past week, leaving our very small rural community, 99.99% Caucasian, and traveling the distance to the city our son had attended his Freshmen year in College, to retrieve his things to help bring home for the Summer. Next year, it had already been decided upon to get a suite, and 8 teammates all room together. Well as we packed and began loading up, teammates began to pop in to meet us, and tell 2013 goodbye. Our son would tell us of the one's that were part of the group of 8 to room with. Didn't get to be there as they all came by, as there were multiple trips to our vehicles to help arrange things. But, I met 5 of the nicest, and polite young men. 2 were Hispanic, 2 were American- American, and 1 was Caucasian, he'd been to our home, as he brought our son home one weekend. He came from a very wealthy family, although you would never know that by his demeanor. I have no idea of the faith's of these young men. But, although none of this all, surprised me at all. I had heard stories of these guys all year. Never, not once was race or religion brought in to describe our son's friends. For that isn't how he views people. I couldn't of been more proud. And on this Mother's Day, I know I did at least one thing right.
As in so many things in life, it starts at home, and is learned by example.
Last edited by Shelby