Skip to main content

Reply to "A moderators work is never done"

I wasn't aware of the controversy about the original thread while it was occurring. I don't know exactly what was said, or who took sides.

But I can attest to the truth and accuracy of this thread's title:

"A moderator's work is never done."

The title probably was not meant to compliment any moderators here, but I'll use it anyway.

We've discussed this before. The HS Baseball Web forums would not exist as a family-friendly, safe community without the unselfish and endless work of our moderators.

Do I expect members to always agree with moderator decisions? NO. Do all moderators even agree with other moderators' decisions? NO. Some decisions are made that are different from what I might have done. And sometimes moderators won't agree with my decisions either, which is okay.

It can be very time-consuming for moderators to monitor threads that have grown argumentative or are stepping over the lines of the Board Manners (for example by mentioning players in a non-positive way, etc.). Moderators are part-time, unpaid volunteers and do not have time to constantly monitor that type of thread. Sometimes they may choose to close it. If there were derogatory statements made in the thread, they may choose to delete it. (My monthly hosting bill does include a charge for total number of posts stored.)

This isn't the first time we've had the type of discussion above, and it won't be the last. But I'm hoping that now we can all go back to discussing baseball, or the weather, or Burt Blyleven being passed over for the Hall of Fame again. Wink

Julie
Last edited by MN-Mom