Skip to main content

Reply to "A moderators work is never done"

The condemned aka "Dead man walking" should say his peace.

I used the acronym, that a google search identifies more than 2 million hits, I confess, but it was taken by some personally, whom I hope I can still call friend, the wrong way. My intent was to question the agenda and actions of the USC athletic department which IMHO is pompous, not the student population. Other schools can be called out, why not USC? This site discusses colleges and programs for opinions and experiences in regard to their kids futures, now the USC program is exempt in regard to those opinions?

I apologize again to those posters I may have inadvertently offended, but moderators are moderators because they can jump outside the box and look at the "real" intent of the post. I can see where the moderator may have seen something that a few posters may have taken personally but at the same time it was not about them, it was about the program.

As I explained in a pm to another poster, this moderator thread was about "shaking out the rug" and fleshing out the notion that opinions should be shared as long as no personal attacks were involved, and I don't think I personally attacked anyone, just made a comment about an institution. Sharing thoughts and ideas is how we learn and identify truth, lies, and opinions.
Last edited by rz1