Skip to main content

Reply to "A moderators work is never done"

We have two very devoted posters on opposite sides of a dilemma.
As I posted before, I have absolutely no doubt that rz1 did not intend to inflame/flame or personally attack any parent or student(student/athlete) at USC with his post.
On the other hand, I have absolutely no doubt that fanofgame interpreted the comments as she stated and found, in her situation, the comments to be troubling.
So, what are we to do?
Nope, I don't think we tell fanofgame to toughen up, grin and bear it and the like.
I also don't view this as a situation where,despite his description, Wink rz1 gets portrayed as the "Dead Man Walking."
What we have is a misunderstanding between posters(very devoted ones) living several thousand miles apart, with this site, and baseball, as their only common denominator.
I don't have a problem with the umpire(moderator) action on this one as I can easily see ways to discuss what some perceive as the arrogance of or issues within the USC athletic department, in other ways.
Since I wasn't too unhappy when Stanford went for 2 with a 48-21 lead, I might have a few things to contribute if that discussion gets its resurgence.
Last edited by infielddad