Skip to main content

Reply to "A paper on weighted balls, long toss and tj"

It's also really important to know (that especially now), coaches have over recruited at the D1 level. The bigger rosters allowed them to do that.  I went to a practice last week and heard several parents saying things like, "If we are still here after December..."  Last year, no roster limit, this year 40. We currently have 50.  10 are going to have to leave at Christmas or be redshirted.  There are a couple of guys that transferred in and I'm sure are starry eyed, that are just not going to make it.  It is a tough, tough situation right now.  I haven't heard if they are going back to normal rosters next year, but even with 40 on the roster this year, only 27 will travel, so almost half the current team will not play or will be cut.

On the topic of getting stronger. It has a huge effect on Velo/power.  Most of my son's class (pitchers) came in touching 94, we now have 2 hitting 99. And several more hitting 96-97. They have a greatStrength coach. Most have gained at least 10-15 lbs last year.  Our freshman of the year gained 20lbs.  It makes a difference.