Skip to main content

Reply to "A paper on weighted balls, long toss and tj"

Just to add my tiny $.02 to this comment - I am by far NO recruiting expert, but my 2024 is beginning this whole crazy process!  He is a RHP and is highly projectable (per his coaches), but he still has a lot of room for growth and development. As he says, "I'm still a rough project that needs several drafts before the final paper gets turned in." Off track - sorry -  He is being looked at by schools of ALL levels.  He of course was all starry eyed at the very beginning and wanted only to entertain the top D1 school idea, but, from the knowledge I have learned here on this board, I've been able to open his eyes to the "Go where you are loved, where you love and where you can play" mentality.

For weeks now I've showed him roster after roster of many, many schools on his list that are filled with JUCO kids and transfer kids from high level D1 schools.  There are by far more JUCO transfers, other "high level" school transfers and sophomores, juniors and seniors on these rosters then freshman.  He finally understands how recruiting has changed, especially, post Covid.

So, it is VERY important for kids to grasp this and more so, embrace this thought process. I'm seeing it with my own two eyes right now!

@baseballmom05, etal:

This is an extremely insightful post, the only thing I would add that it is a lot more fun to win than lose, so drop the "D1" aspirations and go "where you are loved" as well as go "where there is a winning tradition" and "go where you will have fun" as it is a lot more fun to win at Dx level then to lose consistently at the D1 level.

I would also add "go where you will contribute" which in the end is the most important...other than "go where you can get a great education" as in the end this the most important.

Best of luck!