Skip to main content

Reply to "A question about summer collegiate teams"

He's talked to the coach a couple of times and was given three options. 1. Go home. 2. Coach calls and voices his displeasure (ripp them is the word he used). 3. Get released and find another team. 

We are going to try option 3. The kid went as a two way. Just so happened they had 4 pitchers go down so the first year they asked him to PO. He reluctantly agreed. Before the start of official practice the PC decided to change his delivery. That did not go well. By the time they gave up on the PO thing the season was basically over. So if he were to come home he'd get to campus this fall and compete for a spot not having played "live" baseball for over a year. I also get the feeling there was an agreement as to playing time the team did not keep. Because the coach is being a lot more supportive than I thought he would be. I guess agreeing to the PO thing probably helped. He and the coach talked about it after the season and he agreed the kid got the shaft on that one. 

I can't say I'm optimistic though. I can't believe find a spot will be easy. On the other hand the kid can add am arm to the pitching staff. We'll see, disappointing to say the least. This was daddy ball stuff.