Skip to main content

Reply to "A question about summer collegiate teams"

If you were to have really read through this thread you would know I said one of the outfielders was really good and deserved his playing time. When the AB occurred earlier in the year there were two players hitting over 400. My son being one of them but not the one that was pulled.

Yes my kids average has tanked. He did however start the season tearing it up. Regardless of that playing time was rewarded to a local kid who has never put up good numbers  The other two outfielders never got going but they never really had a chance. It's kind of hard to get into any rhythm at the plate when you get two at bats every 3 or 4 days because 3 people are sharing time at one position.

I'm not sure why you are having such a hard time with this. This team is taking care of a local kid and screwing three others out of playing time. It is what it is Sherlock Holmes.

That all said it's time for this thread to die  Cabbage and others who offered some good advice, thank you  The kids coach called and was promised playing time would increase. So he has asked the kid to stick with it and be a good teammate.  

Last edited by SomeBaseballDad