Skip to main content

Reply to "A Recruiting Story"

@Consultant posted:

NYC DAD

Pitchers are special and it is the informative prospective player and parent who will ask the "proper" questions when interviewed.

Of course, the school publishes the pitcher's innings, record, # of strikes, balls, ground outs, fly balls. It is all available. Research and Analyze.

Bob

That's all well and good.....But you can ask all the questions you want and it still not turn out great. Now combine that with coming on campus during Covid and the circumstances surrounding it and it becomes more complicated.

And I'm talking about the the lower levels of D1, sometimes (a lot of times) pitch counts don't even make it into the box score.

My hypothesis is pitchers at low level D1's are much more likely to be abused than at the upper programs. I think this is a combination of coaching (better coaching at the higher levels) and at the lower D1 levels coaches want to get wins given the opportunity at all costs. Wins can be far and few between and they are looking to climb the ladder to better positions.

I just think families going through the recruiting process need to understand this if it comes down to a low level D1 vs. a high level D3.