Skip to main content

Reply to "A sad, but not that surprising, incident."

Another classic example of what is wrong with the way many of our youth [yutes??] are being raised. Whatever happened to taking responsibility for your actions??? The parents are setting their kid up for failure. The facts are clear:

1- Player's eqpt was missing
2 - Another player ADMITTED to stealing it

That is all that matters. Coach has done the offending player as well as the whole team, a TREMENDOUS favor, and taught them a valuable lesson, by booting him from the team: you break the rules, you pay for it. THIS IS THE WAY LIFE IS SUPPOSED TO WORK!!

I would hate to see him resign; that would only exaccerbate this problem we have in society, and teach his players the wrong thing. "Even if you are wrong, if you bark loud enough, the other guy will back down." I think Coach should force them to fire him, if he doesn't agree with their spineless re-decision to reinstate the thief. And then he should make it known to all, including the newspapers, the names of all involved and what side of the fence they stood on. Next School Board election should be interesting. To me, lawyers should not be involved [personally, I don't think they should EVER be involved]. It's not a LEGAL issue - it's a moral issue, it's a team issue.

All the stupid parents care about is the scholly!!! What about his life??? WHo is going to excuse his next malfeasance??

All legal BS aside, any coach has the right to cut any kid for any reason, but especially for rules infractions. Maybe ther handbook doesn't state "Thou shalt not steal from thy teammates", but it always fits under the "conduct detrimental to the team" clause.

I feel for the guy, but kudos to him for doing the right thing!!! clap
Last edited by windmill