Skip to main content

Reply to "A Suggestion"

NYMom,
A very good post. I understand exactly what you mean by designating an area or forum to get a specific question answered. I felt the same way years ago because I wanted a Yes/No answers to my many questions. I couldn’t get them. I still had to make decisions based on opinions but now I'm thankful for those differing opinions. Medical doctors are extremely educated in their field and considered experts. However, it is VERY common to get a second and even a third opinion before making a decision. Such is the HSBBW. There are no experts on the HSBBW. Well, let me rephrase that. There are persons on this board that I would call experts in particular areas but I would also suggest they are pleasantly biased. They do try to give unbiased opinions but an “UNBIASED OPINION” is an oxymoron. Even if there were true unbiased “experts” available, there are no “pat” answers for the majority of questions. Most questions pertain to a specific player. For instance, should my son play the outfield or first base? Is it better to make him a switch hitter or should he focus on being a LH hitter only? Should he attend a D-1 college in Georgia or a D-3 in Wisconsin? Every player is different from every other player in the world. That player and his parent have a smorgasbord of opinions to choose from when they come to the HSBBW. If you’ll notice just about every subject has an opposing view. I think that is very healthy and the main ingredient that has made the HSBBW the best baseball website available for a player and his parents seeking a solution for their situation.
Fungo