Skip to main content

Reply to "A Suggestion"

NY Mom,

I think this is a very good suggestion, though I haven't yet thought of a good way to implement it. The other opinions in this thread are valid, too ... about wanting to keep most discussions public so that visitors and other members can benefit, and also perhaps about some folks thinking they are experts in a lot of subjects!
cleverman

I am planning several enhancements to the site and forums for this year, and will keep this in mind as a possibility. One approach that occurred to me is to add a designation after the member's title (i.e. HSBBWeb Old Timer). The designation could be something like "Recruiting *****" for a five-star expert in Recruiting topics, or "Hitting *" for a less knowledgeable Hitting expert. (Sorry, I probably shouldn't have said that!) Roll Eyes

But on the other hand, sometimes I have learned a bunch from a relative newcomer who starts a post by saying that they are NOT an expert, then proceeds to share a real life story or an opinion that just sheds a whole new light on a topic.

Anyway, I appreciate suggestions like this, and will keep it in mind as I continue to work on site enhancements.

Julie
Last edited by MN-Mom