Skip to main content

Reply to "AABC (18U) score updates"

quote:
Originally posted by Newscout:
Ok I have a few questions:

* Who is the guy in the tiger uniform on the far right tucking it in…. ha-ha just kidding.

• Ok I have seen every team play this summer. It looks to me that DBAT has the best pitching staff. That’s if BB is not throwing for the Tigers. And I don’t believe he got the required number of league games in so that would be a no. Also I heard the Tigers picked up 3 good arms so that may change things. But before that DBAT had a better staff then the Mustangs and Tigers. That is not to say either of those team could beat them in a one game playoff.
• Batters 3 to 7 DBAT is very tough. But the Tigers have 3 guys that are better than any body. The Mustangs had about 4 guys but they were spread out in the line up.

Now to my question to the DBAT fans. And it sure seems there are a lot of you on this message board. This may be a question for Ken G.

Is this 2007 pitching staff Bettis, Workman, Thomas, Bundy, Armstrong (kid from Virginia, I think that is his name), and Fleece. Better then the past two staffs you had.

2007: Bettis, Workman, Thomas, Bundy, Armstrong, Fleece.

2005: Kershaw, Walden, Calhoun, Mathews, Tollason

2003: Ray, Plummer, Hearne, Furnish, Douglass, Cox

NewScout apparently the name does not fit you since you know who was on DBAT's pitching staff in 2003. No one here from DBAT is going to bite on your question regarding the best staff we've had. All the previous players you have listed have gone on to have successful careers after high school and we hope the same for this group of young men.

By the way you omitted the following pitchers on the 2007 staff:

Lytle
Boydston
Fowler
Montgomery
Nicholson

Its a team effort by all 20 players.

And believe me, no one respects the Dallas Tigers more than DBAT. The two teams have been playing against each other since they were 10 years old and there have been a number of 1 - 2 run games. Its a rivarly on the field and friendship off the field; the way it should be baseball fans.
Last edited by SWAC