Skip to main content

Reply to "AABC CONNIE MACK WORLD SERIES"

quote:
Originally posted by TromblyBaseball:
Ken,
Last year our 18U team was the Runner-Up at the Connie Mack World Series. That team would only return 3 players.

Last year our 16U team was the Runner-Up at the Mickey Mantle World Series. That team returned everyone!

In addition we added several players and they all were 17U, many of them only 16.

We played in several tournaments this past fall/winter and we were able to compete w/ the 18U team. I knew that during the summer we also could compete with the best 18U teams (IF OUR PLAYERS WERE THERE). I knew that our team would be ALL UNDERCLASSMEN and that would mean several conflicts including:
Tournament of Stars, Junior Olympics, PG National Showcase, Area Code Games, AFLAC Game, etc.

Due to the various conflicts we would not have our team together most of the time. Due to this, I felt that we would not be competitive against the top 18U teams in the country, but could still compete at the 17U level. Then next year we will have the entire team together and compete at the 18U level.

I hear ya.....

You don't have to prove anything to me. You guys are a good organization.

I just had to give you a hard time since I wouldn't be able to give you hell in the hotel lobby. Smile

Good luck at the NIT........ Big Grin

Just kidding........and please tell Hollywood's dad hello for me. Big Grin