Skip to main content

Reply to "ABD Spring League"

Thank you ABD for turning "getting cut from his high school team" the best thing that ever happened to my son in baseball.

In our neck of the woods, youth baseball has developed in such a way that the boys' only opportunities to develop are from little league programs, run by well intended, but ill prepared, dads, or from travel or high school coaches, who are under the gun to win, and thus do not have the time (or motivation) to develop players in real game situations.

My son pitched more innings in 2 games with ABD than he (or any other relief pitcher) did his entire JV season in high school ball last season. It has been a revelation watching the knowledgeable and dedicated ABD staff really work with the kids and develop them in every aspect of the game: physical, mental and even etiquette.

This program is not a threat to high school baseball if high school baseball does what it's supposed to do. And in our area, there just isn't room for every talented player to make the team. There were enough kids in our immediate area cut from their high school teams to field 4 Senior League teams...not counting the ones who gave up, or went to other programs, like ABD. I'll tell you this much...ABD cost a fraction of what our high school players paid to play, the ABD games were swarming with pro and college scouts, and my son will finish this "season" a better player and a better person for the experience.