Skip to main content

Reply to "Academies"

Herewego,

My experience was vastly different.  There (quickly) came a time when my son's had outgrown my instruction and knowledge.  It became necessary to find an academy and instructors that challenged my kids and gave them things to work on outside the academy (homework).....so Dad still had a role their development.  I was still throwing BP, bought them a hitting net & tee, and caught their bullpens.   However, when they hit 80+ on the mound it was time to get a real high school catcher with gear.   Heck, I was helping my oldest son throw long toss when he was home from college in the winter.  Bottom line for me was I got to help them with their baseball homework and I got to spend quality time with them.

If your son is waiting to do anything at an academy I question the academy resources or the class size.    Are there other academies in your area?  As my (3) kids got older and stronger it became necessary for them to have private pitching lessons.   Pitching mechanics are so important.    There was a lot of value to the private lessons, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.   If you aren't getting value from your academy  possibly  you are at the wrong academy.

Good luck!