Skip to main content

Reply to "ACC player of the year"

Taking nothing away from this very (very) talented individual, who also apparently has an excellent head on his shoulders, but I was wondering what his earlier "career" looked like given his age.  PG has him turning 20 in late summer, so some comments that he really should have been playing his senior year in high school don't really make sense to me.  I tried to pull up his PG events to see if he ever reclassified (PG has him showing class of 2015 - I assume this is the only way they could really input the year) but could not get the past events to pull up.  Based on PG's class of 2015, he is showing as 18 yrs 8 months for the 2015 draft - that in itself would be old for 2015 draft.  If he were a 2016, he would have been 19-8 at draft date - certainly one of the oldest high school players I have run across.  Was he eligible to play high school baseball in the spring of 2016?

I have commented about ages in the past, but after looking at this instance, not sure if I have confused myself.