Skip to main content

Reply to "ACC Tourney Moved to Durham"

GRRRRRR! The Bear has growled. This thread took a rude turn, didn't it?

After the football game today you should be in a better mood. Congrats to the Terps on their victory today against a ranked California team - maybe this will be Maryland's year on the gridiron! (Now be nice, that was a compliment.) ACC Football needs all the W's they can get.

Am I "the Mom (with a Freshman)" that you refer to in your recent post? You may call me Buzz, or Cathy if you prefer, and no, I'm not nervous when son is on the bump, behind the plate, at the plate or in the outfield - I know he'll give it his all and that's enough for me. (Ok, ok, I'll admit to a few butterflies.)

Oh, and yes, as a matter of fact I have attended numerous ACC Tournaments. Most recently I watched 55 innings in less than 45 hours at the 2008 ACC Tourney in Jax. Always great fun to return to Jacksonville where I lived for many years and where 3 of my sons were born.

Not sure what my nervousness or experience with ACC tournaments has to do with whether WFU or Maryland will be at Fenway in May 2010 or with the original theme of this thread, which was, "who will be at the ACC Tournament at the DBAP in May '09?" I think most of us took that to mean which HSBBW posters would be at the ACC tournament, not an invitation to debate which teams would be there. Will you be there? If so, I'd be glad to buy you a Coke and hear all about Maryland baseball (which admittedly I know very little about - didn't get to see them in '05 when they last played in the tournament), because I'll be there regardless of which teams make the cut. Always up for talking baseball. But you mustn't be snide or condescending or I'll insist that you pick up the tab for the Cokes.

Ultimately, I don't think anything said here will have much effect one way or the other on who will be in Boston in 2010. I certainly wish nothing but the best to the Maryland team this coming season - except when they meet WF. WF barely squeaked by with 2 wins at Maryland last season.
Last edited by Baseball Buzz