Skip to main content

Reply to "Accepting and the Clock"

@DanJ posted:

@Smitty28 No, I am not saying those coaches only recruit from with that green bubble.  But yes, the vast majority of their rosters are filled with kids from within it.

First off, "good" is relative and subjective.  Do you consider Nebraska (Lincoln) any good?  The won the Big 10 this year for whatever that's worth to you.  24 kids of the 38 on their roster come from within that green bubble. 9 of their 14 2021 commits came from within that green bubble.  How about Iowa Western CC?  Perennial top 20 D1 JUCO that is 15 minutes from here.  28 of the 47 on their roster came from inside that bubble.  D2 powerhouse Central Missouri in that green as well.  Do programs within that green bubble recruit from outside of it?  Absolutely, but the bulk of their rosters are from within it.  Those are just 3 examples.  So it MAY be the case that the talent in our area is somewhat better than you'd anticipate?  I don't know.  But all of this is beside my point.  My point is that given that 98% of the kids in our area end up playing for programs within a 4-hour drive give or take, traveling to play in front of coaches in Atlanta and Florida produces juice that arguably isn't worth the squeeze.  For 1-2% of the players around here, yes, there is some value traveling far and spending lots of money.

Playing in remote tournaments should not be looked at as a chance to be recruited by coaches with teams located in the remote locations (Atlanta, Florida etc). It's to prove yourself against higher caliber talent that you may not face locally.

Play well in a quality remote tournament and communicate those results to the local coach's