Skip to main content

Reply to "Adjusting the 2022 recruiting timeline"

@NotMadeOf$$ posted:

Okay, so more than a year later...

Where are your '22s in their processes now, entering summer before senior year?  Will D3s be offering slots this summer, or wait until the fall?  Are D1 opportunities basically gone with the wind for this group?  Will college camps vs. showcases vs. travel tourneys this summer prove the most fruitful for the rising seniors?  What are your insights, thoughts, and gut feelings on this?  Under normal circumstances, everything on this site indicates that this would be go-time.

My 2022 has received requests from coaches for admissions pre-read info from a few HA D3s. Can't really tell where the Ivy and other HA D1s are. He's gotten some positive feedback from several of them but they haven't even progressed from email to phone calls/text. Seem to still be moving pretty slow.

I wish we knew the answer to the camps vs showcase vs tourney question. We're supposed to go to Hoover, WWBA, and BCS, but I'm questioning how valuable they are for HA position players now that the schools can finally have their camps. Almost tempted to just short circuit the tourneys and just do HA showcases and school camps.