Skip to main content

Reply to "Adjustment, slump, struggle and recovery"

I agree, this is a good post. And timely, too, for my family.

We are experiencing a "slump" and "struggle" with my hs junior. We've never really been in this position before--a son having a tough time without much opportunity in sight to bolster his confidence. The baseball coach is a football coach trying to coach baseball. And actually, it's not just our son who is struggling, but virtually the whole team (4-12) and they have been playing horribly. One of the difficulties is that because the coach is coaching baseball like football, tossing bodies here and there to plug the holes, the opportunities to work out of it are limited.

Would a good baseball coach normally help a stuggling player or whole team out of their "funk?" What should or could we expect? With our team, we are not expecting any help from the coach. Sadly, with this coach, we are not expecting things to change next year, either. Has anyone experienced a similar situation?

TPM, you are right. It is frustrating and somewhat embarassing to us. But since the whole team is struggling, it is less so now. We were hopeful for a good junior year season, but at this point, his season is shot.

Any ideas on how to pick him up and move on?
Last edited by play baseball