Skip to main content

Reply to "Admission Standards"

quote:
How many of you just beginning the recruiting process realize how difficult it is to be accepted into top state colleges, let alone trying to seek admission from out of state schools.

We just returned from a prospect camp at an ACC school that has high academic standards. During the talk from the head coach he was very upfront that the normal standards for admissions at this school were in the 4.0 GPA and 1300-1400 SAT’s range. He then said because of athletics he could get players admitted with a somewhat reduced GPA’s of 3.00 to 3.5, and SAT scores ranging from 1000 to1100 or higher.

This was later confirmed for me by one of the in state parents of a player at the camp. They told me their primarily reason for attending the camp was hoping that the team would offer his son anything (books) to help with the admissions to get into the school.

So yes, TPM it is apparent to me that being able to throw a baseball a little bit might help my son tremendously in getting into a school of his choice.
Last edited by jerseydad