Skip to main content

Reply to ""Advance Scouting""

@Consultant posted:

A College Coach has a "great" opportunity to develop a Scouting report on his competition.

With all the prospective players and "showcases" announcing metrics on HS players, a College Coach could log in this data & develop a "scouting report" on each player.

"Launch angle", batting speed, running speed, arm speed will provide "advance scouting" report on the prospective player who joins a team in his conference. "Knowledge is golden"!

For example: if a player has 30 degree launch angle and 88 mph bat speed, How would pitch that player?

Bob

A friend/former college summer teammate is a very successful D3 head coach. A couple of years ago his team was hosting regions. I went to all his games and some of the others.

He put a major league type shift on a player his team had never played. I figured he had probably called coaches he knew from that league for information. When rain delayed the start of the next day I had a chance to chat with him. I asked about the shift. There’s a database even for D3 with spray charts coaches can subscribe to.