Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice ASAP with D1 offer"

LetItGo posted:

I really, really appreciate the perspectives from all of you.  This information is very eye-opening - to say the least.  After a meeting yesterday with a trusted coach/advisor, I think I also got my shot of reality (in a good way!) I was provided with a list of schools that matched my son's interests AND that he would have a great chance of getting into...I had no idea. We are going to do this the right way, be patient, visit a lot of schools, get him ready for a killer junior year of baseball and focus on spring/summer showcases.  Most importantly, I want him to enjoy the rest of his high school experience...and that includes kicking some *ss in football!

I think you are picking up on some great information and great perspective in a hurry.  This is probably a mute point based on your post above.  But, I was doing a bit of dot connecting.  If I'm on the right track, your son's D1 in-state offer came from one of two schools.   Purely from a baseball standpoint, one has a decent program, established coach, plays more of a true D1 schedule.  The other... not so much.  If the offer was from the other, you should really have far less reservations about being patient, visiting other schools and waiting.

Last edited by cabbagedad