Skip to main content

Reply to "advice for a mom of a basbeball player"

quote:
In the end, I think the light is going to have to go off in his head, and he is going to have to work harder. Not that he doesn't work hard - just not enough to have a broad range of options baseball-wise, post high school.

There are those guys that just have so much God given athleticism, and talent that they don't always have to work as hard.Mine didn't fall into this category, nor does it seem that your boys do either.That doen't mean they do not have talent.Just playing at the college level is so demanding.Every player is good.

Have your boys been to a college game?That might be helpful to see players at the next level.remember also that there are many divisions of college baseball, and I am sure your sons can find a place to play.Mine started at a junior college for one year before moving on.The players there were very good as well.

As I said gentle reminders, maybe letting him have time off.But in the end it will himthat has to make that jump in his head to be motivated to move on.There are many boys who just decide they don,t want it bad enough and just focus on an education.Nothing wrong with that.