Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice For The HS Freshmen Who Wants To Later Play College Baseball"

1.  Stay focused on school/act/sat/etc - maintaining good grades and performing well on the field can get you admission to schools you may not have thought attainable.

2.  Stay focused on getting better at baseball and being a better athlete-  bigger, stronger, faster,  - if you're a pitcher work on velo gains - velo gains will open doors.  Ideally find a trainer/program that works for you - my son found a pitching instructor (referred from travel coaches) who made a significant impact.

3.  Figure out where you want to go to school - academically, geographically, socially, etc.  Also, figure out what is realistically affordable. From that list figure out if you think you are a baseball match.  Look at the roster and see how you compare by checking PG and PBR profiles - Target Schools you are interested in that are both realistic baseball and academic options - BE SELF AWARE, but keep working - you never know what can happen.

4.  Attend a PBR Showcase Summer after Freshman year and ideally each summer thereafter - good way to get tape/stats.  Also, in my experience PBR has a good network to all levels of college coaches - they were very helpful thoughout my 2018's process.

5.  Try to get on a travel team that plays at top tournaments "wwba championsips/midwest prospect league/etc" where coaches congregate and you can easily be seen.  Ideally this team has connections to colleges and can help make introductions. 

6.  Repeat 1, 2, 3 - its an iterative process....Where you are at academically, mentally and on the field when you are 14 will be very different  than where you are at when you are 17......and be patient and keep working - everyone's recruiting process is different - At many points it will likely feel like its not going to happen for you  - for my son it all happened summer after his junior year - entered the summer with no offers and by the end of the summer season had many good offers from P5 to High Academics.