Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice For The HS Freshmen Who Wants To Later Play College Baseball"

KLL posted:

We have a 2022 as well. 

... After playing in the Freshman World, before we had even made it to the airport, our travel coach had sent us four coaches to call that were all P5 schools.  Three were on his radar (including dream school listed above)  & the fourth was an SEC school that he'd never considered, but is now interested in.  Out of the 4 schools two have asked him about his grades & it didn't come up yet with the other two.  Two of them asked what his parents did for a living (I'm sure to give an idea of financial aid).  They have all requested that he come to their camps in January.  One of the schools asked if he would be willing to be a 2-way player for them as that is what they would be wanting from him. (He's a pitcher & OF)  This kind of surprised me as I figured they'd convert him to pitcher only.  ... 

KLL, that's awesome for your son and welcome to the site!

I would caution about the one school... for a P5 to suggest to a 2022 that they specifically want him to be a 2-way at this point in time ... consider that there is a distinct possibility this is largely to create excitement and a sense of connection with your son.  That's not all bad - there is likely real interest but no way of knowing at this point if they will actually want him as a 2-way, which is very rare among P5's.

Sorry, sort of veered from the OP.