Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice Needed"

Not that I can top any of the advice given (especially PG's) I do have some questions about some things you said

quote:
Well this year he has another new coach for HS ball

How many coaches has your son played for in HS?
How successful has the school been during these other coaches tenure?

quote:
To date last month 3 kids have had major injuries. Torn ACL, Broken wrist, Groin Strain. Not much goes into teaching or understanding health/stretching issues.

Were all of these baseball injuries or other spring sports invovled?
If they were baseball injuries how did they happen?

quote:
He was more upset because 4 other kids had told him off after the game 4 seniors that did not get to play.

So the 4 seniors told him off because they didn't play?
How did he handle this - did he yell at them or sit there and take it?

quote:
My sons has received numerous (45 or more) letters from some top D1 colleges and this coach refuses to do the coach part. So we sent them in as to the advice given here as N/A.

What did these letters want from the coach?
What did he say or do when he was asked to fill these out?

quote:
Well now where the advice is needed. After game coach required kids to sit for 2 innings of next game (JV were playing) We asked coach if we could take son home so he could ice his arm (game was an hour from home) Coach said that was fair and said okay But then proceeded to insult us (parents) on how son needs to hit his spots better and that's why we lost the game.

So did he go from reasonable to a jerk all of a sudden or do you think you might have missed some sarcasm? Reason I ask is that from what you put it seems he went bipolar and changed his attitude very quickly.
Did you stay the required amount of time or did you ask to leave the JV game early?

quote:
The JV game went 4 innings lost by slaughter rule

If most of the younger players are playing varsity then who is playing JV?
How many are on the varsity and JV roster?

Does your son play another position? Reason I ask this is if he pitched 3 innings and came out he could ice his arm the rest of the varsity game. If you waited until you got home an hour away after waiting all that time then icing would be pointless at that point. Of course if he went to another position then he would have to wait.

Thanks