Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice Needed"

quote:
Originally posted by BBMom34:
Just an update on what happened on Monday. Well my son and one other boy are the only junior or seniors left on the team. The coach decided to suspend the rest (7 of them) since they show him no respect. So he will play his freshman and sophomore's who play on his travel team. Sigh its going to be a long season. Yes my son will probably sit the bench but oh well.

Just curious did you ever apologize to the coach. Think about it the coach just had 4 players disrespect him then the parents of one of his best players wants to go home early. I think the coach was wrong but, this guy has to be dying there is no sign of leadership amoung his older players. In case you don't get what I'm talking about the players should want to stay for the JV game and support them. Go the extra mile for the whole team not just the varsity and I bet the coach and players will have a lot more fun.

One coach had a rule that the freshmen, were responsible all the equipment getting it to the field whether practice or games. One year a group of Seniors took that role away from the freshmen carring all the bat bags, Balls, and practice screens. Throughout the season the group of seniors shown selflessness at every oportunity. Funny thing I don't recall a single team problem that year.