Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice on exposure path"

Originally Posted by BOF:
Originally Posted by CaCO3Girl:

Here are some bare basics that you are probably looking for.  I would estimate 95%+ players in college were offered by a college in 10th or 11th grade.  

First this statement is very wrong. For the elite maybe, but most here are not elite. 

I am with Goosegg. Enjoy the time first. There is also 1,000 X more academic money than athletic. 

Read the timeline here. Along with skills he also has to develop a crazy passion for the game. College baseball is very very difficult and most HS players and parents have no idea until they see if for themselves. Unless he develops a driving passion for the game along with skills it will be about your desires and not his. 

You found a great place for info and welcome. 

Sorry BOF I meant to write 10th, 11th or 12th grade...you are very right, as usual! I was trying to highlight that the 8th and 9th grade offers are very rare.

I really truly wish someone would update that recruiting timeline though.  People keep referring to it and yet even the most respected posters on here agree it's outdated with it's talk of looking into showcases summer after 10th grade year, first showcase is summer before your 12th grade year, finding college camp info in the newspaper, and making a VHS tape, and I think the contact dates are screwy too. The concept is awesome, but you take people like the OP and they are going to take one look at that and think this website is antiquated and maybe never even post  

Last edited by CaCO3Girl