Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice on exposure path"

" Just turned 14 and is currently in 8th grad "  slow down dad.... slow slow down....

It will be ok, trust me.... I get you want the board to know his history.... but he is just too young to worry about it.   First of all I agree with BOF....and 2019Dad....

If your 8th grader is a stud muffin as a freshman or soph, you have nothing to worry about, the top 3 conferences will contact you... as well as the top travel teams.  But as CaCO3girl said 99% do not... but it takes a lot of players to fill the college rosters more than 1% so you have time.

First of all I would listen to the advice about the recruiting timeline and the grades... then I would stop playing 90 games per year.... you are asking for injury...

Sounds like he is on a good travel team so just work on his skill set and don't worry about all the showcases and camps.... Then like the others when he has the WOW factor, the "it" factor take him to PG showcase.

Your son is going to change so much in the next two years.  I fully understand your excitement, but you are going to drive him nuts... right now baseball is his life, when he's a soph/jr...  cars, social life, little sally from down the street are going to be there too, and to a small degree you will not be as smart as you are right now to him.... really listen to the people on the board, don't be like I was with my 2013, 2014 , just looking for validation of my own opinions. ( not that you are)

Last edited by bacdorslider