Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice on keeping warm, temperature warm?"

Originally Posted by YoungGunDad:

My son is a Pitcher and I used to be concerned about his throwing hand staying warm enough to grip the ball. On those very cold days you always seeing the Pitcher breathing into his hand to try and warm it up before each pitch. After one very cold day on the mound where he pitched one heck of a game with his pitches very much in command I just commented how great he looked and that I was afraid the cold would effect him. He smiled, reached into his back pocket and said "Not with this". It was a hand warmer you use for hunting to stay warm. After a 2-3 pitches he would just stick his hand in the back pocket for a moment enough to warm it up and then pitch! Ingenuity at its finest! lol 

Update...we of course survived the weekend :-)

Our 2 day tourney got turned into a Sunday only due to field conditions, it was a high of 45.  I purchased a box of hand warmers from Amazon and every player had one in their back pocket.  The joy of seeing 11/12 year olds being given permission to (what they referred to as) "scratch their butts" was priceless and made the whole day an unforgettable event!

Thank you all!

Last edited by CaCO3Girl