Skip to main content

Reply to "advice on odd situation."

cabbagedad posted:

The HS coach would be helpful as a reference and to validate any information you provide to the college coach.  This would be very important, considering your particular situation.  BTW, if the college coach knows you only plan on attending for one year and didn't play baseball until senior year, this will not work in your favor unless those 9 HR's in 61 AB's were on a legit field against decent competition.  Was this on a field with normal fence distances?  What was the level of competition?  What level college are you looking at?  Those numbers are pretty remarkable unless it was at a park with no fences/very short fences.

Before you make that decision, research the time commitment that college baseball requires (you can search the topic here).  Also, there are showcases for unsigned seniors.  But if you are already committed to going to the college you mention, take CTbballdad's advise.

Yes. Normal fences. 320 to corners 365 to power alleys and 385-400 to center. They were all out the park 

it was high school varsity baseball, in a decent area. Definitely some talent there. 

I know 9hrs sounds unlikely, but I’m no small guy (6’2 215) so I can generate some bat speed and force.

both the school I’m attending and one I want to transfer to are D1

Last edited by Bullseye