Skip to main content

Reply to "advice on odd situation."

Bullseye posted:
Parents won’t allow a juco. Not an option unfortunately 

If you really want to play college baseball, I'd at least try to persuade them. Many jucos don't mind if you go one year then transfer to a 4-year. That might make it more appealing to your parents.

If that's definitely out, what's stopping you from going the 2nd school this fall? Are you sure that school has cut off admissions?

If you do end up on campus at school 1, you can attend their open tryout (almost no one ever makes the team that way), but also find out if they have a club team. Some club teams play a fall and spring schedule.

I'm not sure you need a showcase (not a good time of year for that), but you do need someone who can help you assess the level of college that you should be shooting for. I'd really recommend a college coach for that. Could be juco or any other level. Jucos can even give you a private workout on campus. TBH, your school 2 D1 might be a pipe dream. You're starting this process years behind most college baseball players. A D3 might be a better fit.

Also, you should try to play this summer. There may be a collegiate league in your area that will take you on, or at least a decent men's league. Feel free to PM me your location if you need help finding one.