Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice on school visit"

Lhpmom,
I didn’t pick up on the “moron” aspect of Bee’s response. I think we understand that every situation is different but answers to questions on the HSBBW tend to be generic. Of course the analogy of the wife/coach was just an attempt by Bee to add a little humor. . . .I caught it. Why would he even use this analogy? Because the player, the coach, and the college become a very big part of your son’s life, and are similar to a wife and a marriage. Think about it, both have a courtship period, the ceremonial union, the promises each participant makes (vows), the trials and the tribulations, the high and the lows. I also think the national average duration of a marriage is somewhat comparable to the length of time it takes to earn a college degree. Big Grin
On college visits: We went on the college visits with our son as I think most parents do. We didn't go for the purpose of selecting his college. He asked our opinions about the different schools, but he made the call. I think it was nothing more than mutual respect.
Fungo