Skip to main content

Reply to "Advisor (Agent) / Draft Questions"

Trust In Him posted:
TPM posted:
Phanatic posted:

Trust in Him & TPM thanks for the responses. TPM - I am curious what you think a fair or avg percentage would be.

Depends on what the bonus amount would be. 

Yeah it sucks when you look at the overall picture of how much agents get paid.  I look at it this way though, kind of like taxes.  If you pay high taxes it's because you made a lot of money thus you are sitting pretty good.  Not really going to debate the work done by agents, IMO they deserve to get compensated well.  My son so far has recouped maybe 50% of the fees through various things set up by his agent, such as cards, clothing, equipment and such.  I guess the big picture is like any other occupation, you live large off the whales while you lose on the smaller fish.

While I agree with above sons commission to his agent was 4%,  what hurt more was the US government taking 25% off the top.  OUCH !

However, looking back, if it still exists son will have a pretty nice social security check each month...lol.  Also, his agent recommended his financial guy who he uses to this day. At 32 son has a nice nest egg, and lives pretty simply. IMO his financial advisor played just as important part if not more than his agent.