Skip to main content

Reply to "Advisor/Agent"

Very good stuff. I know you know my son's story from this spring and I appreciate all your advise during that time.

Interestingly, mid June, after the draft was long over. An advisor/ agent was at a summer game watching a pitcher on other team that is a rising senior. Sometime during game (my son was pitching against him), he found out who my son was and came up to me and introduced himself to me, said he knew who my sone was. Gave me his card, sold his business etc. Truthfully I was more interested in the game but I listened and took his card. I did tell him my son had signed his NLI and was set for college in about 2 months and the draft was 11 1/2 months away, and that he wouldn't be eligible since he was going to play D1. He said he knew that but wanted to have lunch. Talk about the future. I basically said thanks and if you are around we can do lunch but it would be dutch and son's professional future was 3 years away if ever so it didn't have to be anytime soon. 

I was wondering why he even approached me? So much can happen in 3 years. Long time to be prospecting out I would think for him.