Skip to main content

Reply to "Affect of Corona on ‘21s and ‘22s"

A few thoughts on the recruiting nightmare this will create. The NCAA has all but shut down recruiting so we all need to think outside the box. I got many calls from members of my site but everyone needs to let things settle before they make decisions. Many of the already recruited players are being asked to red shirt since the programs will have less slots (seniors taking advantage of the extra year). A lot of the PSA's are scrambling to get out of their LOI's and transfer to a school where they wont sit the year. Many are thinking JC's and D3 for a year but any way you look at it since all the present players are getting a fresh year the rosters will be crowded for the next 4 years.

Our program only has 5 seniors - all of which said they will return for a fifth year. That means there are 5 slots already covered. Some schools have many more seniors (not all of which will opt to return) and since most kids take 5 years to graduate it will keep the rosters top heavy.

Love to hear some thoughts on this - as a college coach I'm constantly looking for feedback and ways to be fair to all involved.